Thursday 12 June 2014

The Weekend beckons...

The weather is promising to behave itself so no doubt the smoky aroma of barbeque coals being lit will permeate the air this weekend. Friday not only heralds the start of the weekend but also...



.. Fabulous Folksy Friday Finds!


This week it's the letter 'E', and there just had to be an Elephant! We can recommend a visit to all these shops, they all offer a wealth of original creations from their clever owners. All their shop url's are under their photo's.

  'E' is for...



A little work of Art with purpose

Embroidery...this gorgeous box uses a mixture of crafty mediums along with embroidery, just love the colours! Found in Janice's Folksy Shop:
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/TheCraftMagpie




Twit-Twoo - to a handsome Owl

Embossing... a really original piece of jewellery incorporating an embossed little Owl. Lots more unusual jewellery pieces to be found back at Faith's Folksy Shop:
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/abyjem




E is for Elephant - an enameled Elephant!

Enameling... such a fun brooch of Nellie the Elephant and she's available in other colours. Lots of fabulous enamel brooches in Linda's Folksy Shop:
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/LindaConnelly




Earrings decorated with one of my favourite birds

Earrings... and these have a lovely fluidity to them, they are going on my Christmas list! Catherine's Folksy Shop is a must see shop for anyone looking for contemporary jewellery pieces:
https://beta.folksy.com/shops/Frinnhandmade



Have been so excited about the next linocut print to appear in our shop. For a change Gary has taken a back seat, (he's presently working on a fabulous landscape), so this time it's a little piece of art from me! I have been wanting to start a series of floral pieces for ages and have managed to find some time to get the first one onto the press. It's a limited edition of 25 linocut prints which were produced using the reduction method, a complicated process and I was glad Gary was on hand to point me in the right direction. 

Pink Cyclamen with spiral seed pod

I wanted to capture the essence of the Arts and Crafts movement with a nostalgic feel to the piece. I'm pleased at how it has turned out and it does have a flavour of one of those pretty bookplates that appear in old gardening books. It's now available in our Folksy shop and will be available from our Etsy shop this weekend.
I'm about to start work on the next flowery number, a summery flower this time. 


Such sad news this week of the early death of Rik Mayall his many wacky comedy characters cannot be replaced, he was a hilarious one of a kind.
This brilliant quote rings so true...

'You know the really great thing about a fudged coalition is that neither of us need to carry out a single promise of our election manifestos'.

Spoken by Alan B'Stard aka Rik Mayall.

And the final word from the  brilliantly funny Flashheart in Black Adder..
'Woof'...

3 comments:

  1. What a great blog! Thank you for featuring my Enamel Elephant Brooches. I love the other work you have picked out too. I've shared it on my Facebook and Twitter pages. Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just popping by to let you know that I have posted my chickpea and lentil burger recipe on my recipe blog - just in time for those smoky BBQs! Your tomato plants are looking good and I like your strawberry bed. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection! I love those swallow earrings too, soo pretty :) As is your new flower print, lovely idea and I think the Arts and Crafts style really suits it :) Looking forward to seeing the others! x

    ReplyDelete